WELCOME TO CAL2K
Advanced Bomb Calorimeters - Manufacturing Superb Calorimeter for today's Analytical Needs.
The CAL2K system is the most advanced, fully automatic calorimeter available today. The result of years of research with dedicated engineers employing the latest state-of-the-art technology and the highest quality materials.
The CAL2K is easy to use and has special features which places it in a league of its own. Accuracy is guaranteed with microprocessors that use self-correcting processes, exceeding the standard requirements of DIN, ASTM and ISO. Its ability to interface with a personal computer, ensure preferred results with displays, data printouts and connectivity across a network.
The CAL2K has been designed for the high volume market and is most suitable for customers running 10 or more CV samples per day.
|The CAL2K Calorimeter||The CAL2K Cooler||The CAL2K Filling Station|
- Easy to maintain, self system test for technicians
- Compact size - able to fit more systems into a standard laboratory
- Fully automatic operation - temperature readings and calculations are done for you
- Possible to network up to 7 calorimeters
- Rapid and accurate determinations
- 10 samples per hour using the CAL2k-2 Cooler and 2 vessels
- Isothermal design using a waterless patented vessel (no bucket, spillage or measuring)
- Large memory for storing more than 2000 determinations, including operating conditions and user statistics
- Automatic correction for firing wire, cotton, spikes etc
- Fully automatic calibration, with 10 stored calibrations per vessel for standard deviation
- Calibrated sensors built into vessel wall
- Can use spiking for hard to combust samples
- Intelligent "SMART" vessel with fault diagnostics and calorific processor
- Vessels are pre-programmed for 5000 determination cycles before inspection
- Adjustable firing limits set per vessel
- High and low mass limits
- Determination cycle adjustment
- Other features include user, group and sample ID
- CE Certified
- Precise and reproducible determination of gross calorific values according to ISO 1928, DIN 51900 and BS1016:105
- User controlled access for vital and routine operations
- Automatic results retrieval for selected and formatted data
- Weigh station operation
- Calorimeter and vessel setup
- Calibration management
- Service and maintenance routines
- Filing, printing and other operator functions, including data export to common formats
- Real time graphical temperature display
- Network status display
- Grouped sample determinations and analysis
THE COMPLETE CAL2K SYSTEM AND EXTRAS
Complete CAL2k System:
The complete system consists of the following :
- CAL2k-1 Calorimeter
- CAL2k-1-KT Calorimeter Installation Kit
- CAL2k-2 Cooler
- CAL2k-2-KT Cooler Installation Kit
- CAL2k-3 Filling Station
- CAL2k-3-KT Filling Station Installation Kit
- CAL2k-4 Vessel
- CAL2k-4-KT Vessel Installation Kit
- CAL2k-CIC - CAL2K Interconnection Cable (Required only when Networking of units)
- REGULATOR - High Pressure Oxygen Regulator (Required and MUST be supplied before installation)
Items to source locally:
- Balance (Recommended Satorius Balance CP64 or equivalent)
- Water Tap Connection
- PC with Windows 98/2000/XP/NT4.0 Installed (Required only if running software - a PC is not required to operate the unit)
The CAL2K System
The CAL2K-1 Calorimeter can operate as either a stand-alone unit or via PC. When operating as a stand-alone unit it is operated via the keyboard and all relevant information is displayed on the LCD Display. Up to 7 Calorimeters can be connected as a network with or without a PC.
The CAL2K-4 vessel is the first of its kind and is the heart of the CAL2K System. Its sophisticated design allows the temperature to be measured to five decimal places in degrees Celsius. The vessel is an intelligent (SMART) vessel with a microprocessor built into its base. The vessel is capable of : firing counts, identification, memory and reconditioning data.
The vessel is the combustion chamber. It is made of stainless steel and tested up to a pressure of 300 atmospheres (4200psi).
The Filling Station
The Filling Station is designed to fill the vessel with oxygen to 3Mpa. The filling rate is controlled so as not to disrupt the sample in the crucible. The Filling Station is extremely easy to operate and requires minimal adjustments and maintenance.
The unit is designed to reduce the temperature of a recently fired vessel, obtained from the calorimeter, to ambient temperature in 2-3 minutes. Solid state cooling is used and the hot junction of the peltier elements is cooled by a continuous trickle of water from the mains water supply.